Foren » Vorschläge

become an unrestricted free agent on

• 5725 Beiträge
    12. Juli 2018 05:34:38 CEST

MONTREAL - Andrei Markov is staying with the only NHL club he has ever known. Larry Andersen Phillies Jersey . The 35-year-old defenceman agreed to terms of a US$17.25-million, three-year contract extension with the Montreal Canadiens on Monday. Markov was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. He said on a conference call that signing a new deal with Montreal was his first priority. "I knew before the season was over Id like to stay with the Montreal Canadiens, so Im happy the deal was done and Im looking forward now. I feel like Im at home here. I feel comfortable. Id like to stay for the rest of my career. Ive never known (free agency), but it doesnt matter. Im happy with that deal." Markov will earn the same salary, $5.75 million per season, that he made in each of his last two contracts over the past seven years. As a player 35 or over, he is guaranteed the full amount of his new deal. "We are very happy to have secured a long term agreement with Andrei," general manager Marc Bergevin said in a statement. "He is an important part of our group of core players. "He is healthy, shows a very good work ethic and has great leadership skills. He plays big minutes against the top opponents, and game-changing defencemen of his calibre are hard to find." Markov will be 38 when the deal expires after the 2016-17 season, but feels it is too early to say if it will be his last contract. There were fears that his career was over when a succession of knee injuries limited him to only 65 games over three years from 2009-10 to 20011-12, but he played all 48 games of the lockout-shortened 2012-13 campaign and missed only one regular season game this season. He had seven goals and 36 assists and was plus-12 this season, while getting a team-high 25:14 of ice time per game. He added a goal and nine assists in 17 playoff games as the Canadiens reached the Eastern Conference final. He also played for Russia at the Sochi Olympics. While he has slowed in a recent years, the Voskresensk, Russia native combines a solid defensive game with first-rate passing and playmaking skills from the point on power plays. "It wasnt easy when I had injuries, but I always stayed positive," Markov said. "The last two years I felt good. My health is good. I enjoy the game like I used to. Im looking forward to next season." Markov holds Russian and Canadian citizenship, having become a Canadian citizen in 2010. He was drafted in the sixth round, 162nd overall, by Montreal in 1998. He made his NHL debut in 2000. In 765 regular season games, he has 98 goals and 344 assists. His best seasons were 2007-08, when he had 16 goals and 58 points and 2008-09, when he had 12 goals and 64 points. He was the teams second potential free agent to sign ahead of July 1. Last week, forward Dale Weise inked a two-year contract that pays $1.025 million per season. Bergevin now faces negotiations with potential restricted free agents P.K. Subban and Lars Eller, while potential UFAs include captain Brian Gionta and defenceman Mike Weaver. Darren Daulton Phillies Jersey .com) - Markus Granlund scored the game-winning goal as the Calgary Flames used an early offensive flurry to defeat the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, on Monday. John Kruk Phillies Jersey . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada.PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Terrell Suggs isnt one to get rattled. The Baltimore Ravens linebacker has made a career out of being the one who agitates, not the one who gets agitated.For a night anyway, the Pittsburgh Steelers found a way to reverse the roles.Ben Roethlisberger threw six touchdown passes and the Ravens lost their cool in a 43-23 loss on Sunday night. Baltimore turned it over twice, gave up four sacks and was flagged 10 times while losing its second straight.We didnt respond well when bad things started to happen, Suggs said. Weve got to be better. We cant be kidding ourselves anymore. We have a lot of work to do.Better get started soon. The Ravens (5-4) fell into last place in the crowded AFC North with the loss after it failed to sweep the season series from the surging Steelers (6-3), who have won three straight.Its frustrating anytime you lose and dont play the way you expect to play, but weve got to get over it and keep working on it, Baltimore wide receiver Torrey Smith said. Nobodys going to feel sorry for us.Certainly not Pittsburgh. The Ravens dominated the Steelers 26-6 in Week 2, emerging from a chaotic few days surrounding the release of running back Ray Rice by physically overwhelming the Steelers.This time, it was the other way around. Joe Flacco threw for 303 yards with two touchdowns and an interception but absorbed a series of shots from a relentless Pittsburgh pass rush.They come after you and you have to get the ball in someones hands, coach John Harbaugh said. You have to make a play to take them out of it. We didnt do enough to discourage that at all really at any point in the game.There were no such issues for Roethlisberger.A week after passing for a franchise-record six touchdowns against Indianapolis, Roethlisberger duplicated the feat to help Pittsburgh (6-3) win its third straight. Roethlisbergers 12 touchdown passes over the last two games broke the mark of 11 set by Tom Flores for Oakland in 1963 and matched by New Englands Tom Brady in 2007.Antonio Brown caught 10 passes for 138 yards and a score. Rookie Martavis Bryant hauled in two scoring receptions and has five touchdowns in three games.The renewal of one of the NFLs most physical rivalries traded its usual taut, low-scoring style for something decidedly more spectacular but no less physical. When Roethlisberger wasnt dissecting Baltimores depleted secondary with his expanding number of targetss, the teams were trading punches and penalties. Jimmy Foxx Jersey. Just not the lead, not after a resurgent Pittsburgh defence gave Roethlisberger all the momentum he would need to continue the finest stretch of his 11-year career.We took advantage of turnovers our defence gave us, Roethlisberger said. We were slow starting but made plays down the stretch.The Ravens were in front 7-0 midway through the second quarter and the Steelers were sputtering when a little vintage Pittsburgh defence — led by suddenly youthful 36-year-old linebacker James Harrison — turned the tide.Cornerback Brice McCain raced 26 yards following a Lorenzo Taliaferro fumble to set up a 5-yard touchdown pass from Roethlisberger to LeVeon Bell, and Jason Worilds picked off Flacco and returned it 30 yards to put Roethlisberger in position to find Bryant for a 19-yard score to put the Steelers up 14-7.The Ravens, playing without injured cornerback Jimmy Smith, simply couldnt keep up. Roethlisberger ended the half with a perfect 47-yard strike to Markus Wheaton.Even when things went wrong, they went right for Pittsburgh. The Steelers tacked on a 2-point conversion following Wheatons score when punter Brad Wing made up for a botched hold by scrambling to his right and connecting with tight end Matt Spaeth to make it 22-10 at the break.Rather than sit on the lead, the Steelers kept attacking. Roethlisbergers 25 completions went to eight different receivers, though he relied on an old one and his new favourite to help the Steelers end a pivotal three-game homestand with a perfect 3-0 record.Roethlisberger found Brown for a 54-yard catch-and-run early in the fourth quarter to make it 29-10. Jacoby Jones responded with a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, but Roethlisberger then hit the 6-foot-4 Bryant for an 18-yard strike and capped another remarkable night with a 33-yard score to Spaeth with 1:51 remaining.I guess once you get in the groove it is what it is, Suggs said. He made some lays. His receivers made some plays for him. He played a phenomenal game.NOTES: Steelers S Troy Polamalu left with a sprained left knee in the second quarter and did not return. ... Baltimore TE Owen Daniels had six receptions for 53 yards a week after having minor knee surgery. ... Pittsburgh plays at the New York Jets next week while the Ravens host Tennessee.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '