Foren » Off-Topic Diskussionen

Alex Smith welcomed to NFC East

• 167 Beiträge
    26. Februar 2018 10:26:14 CET

but now the Eagles coach will have to game plan against his former quarterback after Tuesday’s news that the Redskins have acquired Smith from Kansas City.,Doug Pederson was Alex Smith’s offensive coordinator when the two were together in Kansas City for three seasons

“I just hate that we’ve got to play him twice a year,” Pederson said Wednesday at his Super Bowl media briefing. “I’m happy for Alex. I had the chance to work with him for three years obviously. I’m excited and happy for him. I think it’s a great honor for him and the Redskins, and he’s going to do fine. He’s a pro’s pro. He’s going to come in and he’s going to demand perfection with the guys he’s working with, and I’m excited to again have him in our division and to be able to coach against him again.”

Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, who was Smith’s backup last season in Kansas City, called Smith a “great quarterback.”

“Washington is very fortunate to have a quarterback in Alex Smith,” Foles said. “My year with him was one of my favorite years in football. It was being there in Kansas City and being able to work with him. Seeing a guy that for some reason people critique him all the time. The guy’s a winner. Look at him. Look at what he did this year. He keeps coming. He keeps getting better. I was with him. I worked with him every day. He’s one of the smartest players I’ve ever played with, can make plays. But most importantly, one of the most athletic guys, leadership in the locker room. He can turn a locker room around and guys believe in him. So Washington’s getting a great quarterback. I’m excited for him and his opportunity. This league is crazy. You never know what’s going to happen.”

the Raiders will play a home game thousands of miles from their home stadium. It won’t be the first or last time. NFL owners approved in 2014 a resolution that — in part — requires any club engaged in relocation to export one of its eight regular-season home games to an international venue each year until the relocation process is complete.,This fall

Waller, as the NFL’s executive vice president of international, was the proposal’s architect.

although Waller said that it has yet to be determined where the Raiders will play. Mexico City or London are the most likely destinations.,Womens Corey Davis Jersey,The Raiders will host the Seattle Seahawks on Oct. 14 at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. This marks the fourth time in five years the franchise was scheduled an international “home” game. Another such scenario is assured in 2019

“When we wrote that resolution, we also included that any team that wins a Super Bowl bid also gives up a home game” within five years of the bid’s award, ‘As part of being in the great opportunities of growth within the league,Womens Adoree' Jackson Jersey, Waller said. “So Atlanta will give up a home game. Tampa will give up a home game … It was (a) way of saying, there’s also a support and obligation to help growth elsewhere.’

“So if you’re going to be going through a relocation process and getting the support of all 31 other owners for that growth opportunity,Womens Taywan Taylor Jersey, you also will help grow areas that are a priority to the league. It was not a problematic conversation for any of the teams in terms of, that’s not a reasonable trade-off.’ I think there was a general understanding that …there are things that are required that will help the broader league priorities and agenda, ‘Oh,Womens Jonnu Smith Jersey, and this was one of them.”

The Los Angeles Chargers and Rams are engaged in the relocation process, too. Like the Raiders’ project in Las Vegas, their shared stadium is not scheduled to be ready until 2020.

The Rams will host the Kansas City Chiefs in Mexico City this season,Womens Byron Bell Jersey, commissioner Roger Goodell announced at a Wednesday news conference. The Chargers will host the Tennessee Titans in London this October. Rounding out the international slate for 2018, the Jacksonville Jaguars will host the Philadelphia Eagles in London.

The Chargers and Rams already have moved to their new market via a temporary stadium. For Raiders fans, an international home game carries greater meaning,Womens Brian Schwenke Jersey, given the franchise has a finite number of home games remaining in its current geographic region.

”We understand that it’s disappointing,” Waller said. “We hope ultimately that fans understand it’s a trade-off that’s required, as we want fans around the world to see the great things that fans here see.”

but we also want to continue to expand our games.,Said Goodell: “The Raiders are an attractive team globally. We know … how passionate the fans are there in Oakland. We want to deliver that as much as possible

and he predicted Mariota will have a "meteoric takeoff.",Former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky like the pairing of new Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur and quarterback Marcus Mariota. Orlovsky called the hiring of LaFleur “brilliant” for the Titans

“If Marcus buys in to what he is going to be asked of him,” Orlovsky told Titans Online. “I know the Titans may need a piece here and there, and I have no reason to think he won’t, then I think you could see a meteoric takeoff with Mariota, but I would imagine Mariota making a really, really big jump because of this offensive scheme. If Matt is the play caller a lot of people think he will be, I think it's going to work out really well for Tennessee.”

Orlovsky played 13 with the Lions, Buccaneers, Colts, Texans and Rams and has known LaFleur for eight years - and is really impressed. The two worked together in Houston.

“He understands how to attack defenses and their weaknesses,Authentic Corey Davis Jersey, and he is bringing a really good scheme with him and they have some good players down there. So if he can be the play-caller that I think he can be,” Orlovsky said. “He has a great pedigree coming from systems that have been successful. We’ll find out if he can call plays — that will be the biggest question mark. But there needs to be three variables in the NFL for a unit to be successful. You need to have a good scheme, good players and a good play-caller,Authentic Adoree' Jackson Jersey, and Sean McVay thought he could be and obviously Mike Vrabel and company think he can be, I think it is going to be a really good hire for the organization,Authentic Taywan Taylor Jersey, and especially Mariota. I think it’s a brilliant hire.

that was really good. You did a really good job of calling plays there.’ I have been around it long enough to know which guys can call plays and which guys can’t,“I think he is going to be really good calling plays. He called plays occasionally in practice last year in camp and in some preseason games,Authentic Jonnu Smith Jersey, and I remember going into the locker room after one (game) and going, and I do think he’ll have an opportunity to grow into that role and be better and better at it.”, ‘Dude

game-winning touchdown pass to Titans tight end Delanie Walker with 1:31 left and the AFC topped the NFC 24-23 in a wet Pro Bowl on Sunday in Orlando.,Authentic Byron Bell Jersey,Oakland quarterback Derek Carr threw an 18-yard

Walker caught four passes for 29 yards with a pair of scores and was named the game's offensive MVP.

including a pair of interceptions by Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson. Vikings safety Harrison Smith returned an interception 79 yards for a touchdown.,The NFC lost despite forcing four turnovers

The pulled to within 20-10 on a 4-yard touchdown pass from Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith to Walker with 11:20 remaining in the third quarter.

The AFC maintained the momentum when Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward intercepted Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson on the ensuing drive.

Carr, entered and threw a 39-yard pass to Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton. That set up a 2-yard touchdown run by the Bills' LeSean McCoy that trimmed the margin to 20-17.,Authentic Brian Schwenke Jersey, who was playing in his third Pro Bowl in four years

Carr responded and completed a 12-yard pass to Dolphins' Jarvis Landry on a 4th and 7 with 3:01 left that helped set up the game-winning score.,The Panthers' Graham Gano then made his third field goal of the game to give the NFC some breathing room. However

Denver linebacker Von Miller recovered a fumble by Rams quarterback Jared Goff on a sack by Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward, that sealed the win. Miller was named the game's defensive MVP., a Peachtree Ridge grad

The also won 20-13 in 2017 after the league used a non-conference format from 2014-16. The AFC now leads the all-time series 23-22.